|

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I went to Big Shark today to get my bike fixed since I finally have money. A new chain was only nineteen dollars plus five bucks labor to put it on.

Manager: “Can you wait?”
“Sure”
“It’ll just be a little bit”
“Could you true the back tire while you’re at it?”
“Only if you leave it, we’re a little backed up right now.”
“Sure, I can leave it.”
“Sign, here. It’ll be ready on the twelfth of July.”
“Huh?”
“We’re short a mechanic.”
“Skip the true. I’ll just take the chain.”

Fifteen minutes later
Mechanic: “Here’s your bike. You know the back tire could use an adjustment and it’s just fifteen dollars labor for me to true it.”

“Do you have time?”

“Sure, it’ll just be a few minutes.”

Manager: “Huh, lucky he could help.”

“Yup”


I wanted to get a ride in tonight, but at seven p.m. it was still ninety eight degrees. Today was the hottest day of the year so far. I spent much of it driving around in a car with no AC. Ah well. At least I am solvent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home