|

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Well my dears I am having a beer. We just got back from a day trip to a rural school district in Missouri wine country. I interviewed with the principal and then met with the superintendent to discuss benefits. We brought Jes into the second meeting and they were quite charmed by her. They did not extend a formal offer yet, but indicated that they were very interested and I expect an offer in the next few days after they check my references. They also indicated that they might make Jes a part time offer.

I can provide them with the ability to give their students duel enrollment classes. This would mean I would get paid both by the school district and the community college. If I keep my online teaching job while reducing our cost of living I might be able to make strong financial progress both by buying property and working on student loan debt. I would only be two hours from my friends in the ville and an hour and a half from St. Louis. Four or five years in wine country before I go back for the Ph.D. doesn’t sound too bad. Jes would be working on developing her technique and personal style while potentially also having teaching opportunities.

There are down sides. I don’t like the idea of moving again. There are also definite up sides.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home