|

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Right around the time Karl died, my old blog did too. I had written a very few things to or about him there, and I'd like to transfer them here, you know, for safe keeping. The posts are not dated correctly, but sometimes I reference when i'm writing... Here ya go, blogosphere. We revisit last summer:


He Bites his Nails...
jescope
Aug 9, '08, 11:57 AM
Ok, so from the news of the strange, my cat has started biting his nails. Constantly. Just like Karl.

Missing.
jescope
May 9, '08, 5:34 AM
A part of me is missing.

Today it's been two weeks. This is the longest we've been apart since we started dating in July '05. We knew by August we were in it for the rest of our lives. I just thought that would be so much more than three years.

Elliot is doing well. He's teething - keeps his mind off other things I guess. He's not walking yet, but he's on the verge. I have been showing him videos. He laughs at Daddy on the screen. We both do, but I cry too.

Often it seems like I have these great inspirations in the middle of the night or driving in the car - I come up with words for this - THIS - this feeling, this surreal reality that isn't and can't be the story of us together - a story with an end. I think of something beautiful to say, but then it floats away - it follows a whispy unseen vapor trail along the road, or through the trees, or up into the sky - follows a sparkling invisible thread to where Karl is. Sometimes I can catch a little piece of it before it goes, but the words want to be with him, and so I let them go.

Off with you now, words. Go see Karl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home