|

Saturday, February 14, 2004

The morning after. It must have been a Friday night. I’m actually having a party tonight – a Valentine’s day fondue party planned by Hannah and I ( Sometimes it feels like I have way more female friends then male one’s, but I guess Tyler’s bachelor party swung that in the other direction). Last night I had no plans, but unfortunately plans had me. I may still be drunk, it’s a distinct possibility. I was on the phone a great deal in the early evening, K has been given her walking papers by an old friend via email, it’s not final (the old friend disconnected her old number and has not given K the new one – seemingly on purpose). I told her that this doesn’t have to be final, but if she fights for the relationship now, she may have to make this decision again, and you have to ask yourself if it’s worth the energy. I also told her my current theory about friendship, the people who know you versus the ones who travel with you, love and honor them both, but recognize the difference (possible at least in retrospect through the cunning use of revisionist personal history). There are people you can pick back up with years later as though not a second has past, you know them and they know you in your viscera – your spleen can tell you where they are at and likewise they know you in their Isles of Langerham. And the others, let um go if need be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home