|

Friday, February 13, 2004

Mary came over last night and we made modified mint juleps. Recipe: muddle one heaping teaspoon of powdered sugar with two fingers of sprite (or similar beverage). Muddle is an action verb, which involves using your blue Easter Island tiki head drink stirrer to dissolve, or combine through whisk like motions, the key elements of your beverage to be. Here’s where the modification gets sketchy, I suppose in that sprite is not club soda we are already sketchy, add a pinch of powdered mint (as it’s the middle of winter and I am not going to the store for fresh mint alone) add the amount of bourbon desired by your constitution, adding more sprite and possibly moving to a larger glass if you overshoot the previous step, and consume. Not bad. I also made acorn squash with butter and brown sugar in my toaster oven and chicken in olive oil, made in a cast iron skillet with freshly crushed black pepper and encrusted in sesame seeds. Good winter get me out of this funk fare. Mary and I hatched a drink appropriate plan to go to Kentucky for the races. Mary could write horseracing for ESPN and I believe that she plans to. The previous night Erica came over for food and booze as well, though she smelled like sewage since the pipes backed up at her work. We hosed her down with aromatic spays to help with the odor, good to catch up with her and with Mary. I need to be needed so if I can make a meal and get good conversation in return – it’s almost a perfect world.
Today at work I’ll be wearing my marketing hat, two new ads for the Healthy Planet magazine and a tri-fold brochure for the primary program – together with the usual barrage of fires to be extinguished. My roommate is behaving oddly, she just left and no goodbye – no goodbyes or hellos in general of late – insert new age platitude from The Four Agreements, “Don’t Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others do and say is a projection of their own reality, their own dreams. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.” Or she’s pissed off at me and being passive aggressive (ha). Ah well – must shower and get to work………….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home